a. Definitions of personal data.
b. The practices and procedures.
d. Direct marketing.
e. Security of your personal data.
f. Your rights to your personal data held by PSOJ.
h. What happens if you have a complaint about PSOJ’s use of your personal data?
i. Any questions?
1. Definitions of Personal Data
Personal data is any information that allows you to be identified. The types of personal data the PSOJ will collect may include but not limited to details of your name, address, telephone number, email address, fax number, compliance and banking information.
Sensitive personal data is any sensitive data relating to you, including information about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinion, religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, membership of a trade union, physical or mental health or conditions, sexual life, commission or alleged commission of any offence or any proceedings for any offence committed or alleged to have been committed by you, the disposal of such proceedings or the sentence of any court in such proceedings.
2. The practices and procedures PSOJ follow to collect your personal data
PSOJ collects personal data from you through the use of enquiry and registration forms, direct personal contact with you (for example, over the telephone) and every time you email us your details. The PSOJ will only use your personal data where it is necessary to do so because it is relevant to PSOJ’s dealings with you or where it is has your consent. PSOJ will not process sensitive personal data about you without your expressed consent.
For the avoidance of doubt here are the types of personal information we may collect:
· Information You Provide to Us:
We receive and store any information you provide in relation to PSOJ Services. Information includes: 1. name, address, and phone numbers; 2. payment information; 3. your location information; 4. your IP address; 5. Corporate and financial information.
· Information Generated:
Like many websites, we use “cookies” and other unique identifiers, and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser or device accesses the PSOJ Services and other content served by or on behalf of PSOJ on other websites. We may collect: 1. the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet; 2. login, e-mail address, and password; 3. phone numbers used to call our customer service number; 4. the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our websites, including date and time; products and content you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, and page interaction information such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs.
With your consent we may use your personal information to operate, provide, develop, and improve the services that we offer. These purposes include:
· Purchase and delivery of products and services. We use your personal information to take and handle orders, deliver services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products and services, and promotional offers.
· Provide, troubleshoot, and improve PSOJ Services. We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of the PSOJ Services.
· Recommendations and personalization. We use your personal information to recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with PSOJ Services.
· Comply with legal obligations. In certain cases, we collect and use your personal information to comply with laws.
· Communicate with you. We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to PSOJ Services via different channels (e.g. by phone, e-mail, chat, social media).
· Fraud Prevention and Credit Risks. We use personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our members, the PSOJ, and others.
4. Direct Marketing
With your consent, the PSOJ will use your personal data for direct marketing, including the provision of offers for PSOJ and its members and third-party partners’ products and services and customer surveys.
If you have consented at the point of collection to PSOJ (and/or any third party) providing you with direct marketing material you will be requested to elect the type of media via which this material shall be provided (for example, by post, e-mail, telephone or fax). The PSOJ will only provide you with such material via your chosen media. If, at any stage, you object to PSOJ’s use of your personal data for direct marketing or to the media in which such material is being sent, you may choose to unsubscribe to its receipt. If you have consented to receive third party direct marketing you will need to unsubscribe directly with that third party.
5. Security of your personal data
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of personal customer information. The PSOJ has in place appropriate technical and organisational security measures to prevent unauthorized or unlawful disclosure or access to, or accidental or unlawful loss of or destruction, or alteration or unauthorised disclosure of or access to, or other damage to your personal data. These measures ensure an appropriate level of security in relation to the risks inherent in the processing and the nature of the personal data to be protected. Your securely held personal data will only be accessible by select authorised members of staff within the PSOJ. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
6. Your rights to your personal data held by PSOJ PSOJ will only keep your information for as long as we are either required to by law, or as is relevant for the purposes for which it was collected. During this period, you may contact the PSOJ Data Protection Officer at any time if you would like to see details of the personal data that we hold about you, details (available to PSOJ) as to the source of that personal data, the purposes for which your personal data are being used, details of the parties with whom we may share your personal data or to ask us to correct, update, supplement or delete this personal data.
You can access your information, including your name, address, payment options, profile information, and purchase history in the “Your Account” section of the website.
7. Review and/or amendment of Policy
Private Sector Organisation of Jamaica (PSOJ)
39 Hope Rd.
9. What happens if you have a complaint about PSOJ’s use of your personal data? If you make a complaint to our Information Officer via email at email@example.com and your complaint is unable to be resolved to your complete satisfaction, your complaint will be passed to the PSOJ, Executive Director to be resolved. If your complaint is still unable to be amicably resolved, it will be escalated to the PSOJ Officer Corp. Any finding of misuse of your personal data by PSOJ shall be remedied as soon as reasonably possible.
10. Any questions?
Should you have any questions or concerns kindly contact:
Ms. Chloleen Daley-Muschett
Marketing & PR Manager
Private Sector Organisation of Jamaica (PSOJ)
39 Hope Road
Kingston Email: firstname.lastname@example.org